Priolite MBX 500-HotSync Kit Starter P
Priolite MBX 500-Hot-Sync Kit Starter P
The units feature replaceable battery drawers that allow unlimited flash power without mains supply. The batteries can be charged inside and outside of the housing of the flash unit.
All devices offer a bright, easily visible display for flash power setting. The flash power is adjustable in 1/10 f-stops using a turning knob. There is an internal power reduction when the flash power is dumped; in this case, no flash has to be manually released.
The Omega shaped flashtube has a long life-span; in case, it can be user-friendly replaced through a 3-point connection system. For flash triggering, the devices have a switchable photocell; a switchable audio signal indicates flash readiness. A temperature-controlled build-in fan prevents from overheating.
The devices are already prepared for radio operation with built-in remote control modules. The flash units can be individually controlled by the Priolite radio remote control; they communicate bi-directional over distances up to 300 m.
The flash power setting of an individual flash unit appears on the RC display and can be adjusted, modeling light options can be selected and flashes can sent into 'sleep mode'. Up to 36 wireless flash devices can be remotely power controlled and triggered.
The massive reflector mechanics works with no external adapter to hold accessories from Bowens SLine and many Hensel reflectors. Except for the handle, all parts of the units are constructed of solid metal. The support rail profile is made of aluminum casting, the reflector mechanics is made of die-cast aluminum.
The especially strong tilting head allows for tilting and rotation of the device and can hold even heavy lighting accessory like big softboxes or octaforms.
The LED modeling light at the MBX 500 provides a bright light by preserving the battery.
- Power output: 500 Ws
- Recycling time: 2.5 sec at full power
- Fastest flash sequence: 5 flashes per second
- Flash duration: 1/4500 sec (t05) at full power
- Color temperature: 5500 Kelvin
- Modeling light: LED 80 W
- Achievable f-stop: 64,2, measured with 9 inch reflector at a distance of 1.0 m, ISO 100, measuring time 1/125 sec.
- Flash sync speed: 1/200 sec at focal plane shutter cameras, 1/800 sec at central shutter cameras
- Sync voltage: 5 V for safe triggering by modern digital cameras, socket for 3.5 mm phone jack
- Power control: in 1/10 f-stops, setting 10 corresponds to full power, 500 Ws, setting 5 corresponds to minimum power 16 Ws
- Flashes per battery charge: 220 flashes with 500 Ws each, 440 flashes with 250 Ws each, over 6000 flashes at low power
- Battery charging time: 2 h to 80 %, 3 h to full charge, 16 V charger with multi-voltage connection for world wide operation
- Batteries: Li-ion battery with protection, no memory effect, 16 V, 35 Wh, weight 0.6 kg
- Standard delivery: 1 MBX 500 HotSync, 1 remote control HS-P for Pentax, 1 battery charger 16Vflash
- Dimensions: 40 x 17 cm
- Weight: 3.2 kg (including battery)
141343100VOK 08-500-05 4260335540848 4260335540848