Introducing the first Micro Four Thirds lens from Tamron: High-power all-in-one™ zoom
Developed by Olympus Imaging and Panasonic, Micro Four Thirds is a new system standard for compact mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras that enables users to capture high-quality images using smaller, lighter equipment. Now, Tamron has expanded the possibilities of the Micro Four Thirds system with an innovative 14-150mm zoom lens (equivalent to 28-300mm in the 35mm and full-frame formats). This 10.7× zoom weighs only 285 g and has a compact form factor that accepts a 52 mm diameter filter. Available in a sophisticated black or silver finish, this unique lens makes it easy to compose and capture sharp pictures over a very wide range of shooting conditions. It’s ideal for travel, family, and creative photography.
A lens from the megazoom class allows you to capture a much larger area. Megazooms offer focal lengths from wide angles down to the telephoto range and are thus the lens of choice for most situations. As a result of their high level of flexibility, compact size and low weight, these lenses are particularly suitable for daily use as an all-round lens, as well as for vacations, activities requiring little baggage or for families with children and all their gear in tow.
- XR (Extra Refractive Index) glass: a special glass with a particularly high refractive index for greater performance and a compact lens design
- ASL: hybrid aspherical elements ensure unique image quality and compactness
- LD (Low Dispersion): lens element for greater image sharpness and the correction of chromatic aberration
- Internal-focusing (IF) system: The extension length of the lens does not change during focussing and the close focussing distance is significantly reduced across the entire focusing range
- Zoom Lock (ZL) mechanism: Protects against undesired extension of the lens barrel